9 Zulhijjah 1431H
After upgrading from Ubuntu 9.04 Karmic Koala to Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, i noticed that in OpenOffice Writer, the Thesaurus button is greyed-out. It's not working!
After some searching, i found the solution here:
Before discovering the solution, i was half-way done but couldn't put things together to overcome the problem all together.
1. Go here,
to download the dictionary/thesaurus.
2. Open the OpenOffice Writer.
3. Click Tools > Extension Manager... .
4. Click the Add... button
5. Go to the location where the file was downloaded. Usually it's in the Download folder.
6. Select the downloaded file then click the Open button.
7. Allow the extension to be installed.
8. Click the Close button to close the Extension Manager window.
9. Close all running OpenOffice.org Writer to restart.
10. Open OpenOffice.org Writer. Give Writer a few seconds to load. Check whether the Thesaurus button is up and running.